Friday, May 13, 2011

Strasenburgh Planetarium

During the week, I took a visit to the Strasenburgh Planetarium with my niece and nephews. They have never been before so I figured I'll take them. I haven't been to the Planetarium since I was in elementary school on a school field trip. I was wondering what new things they had and if I would enjoy it or not.

When I walked into the Planetarium, I noticed that it looked the same as I remembered. I knew my niece and nephews would enjoy the huge screen because they are so young and they have never seen anything like that before. Inside, we saw a show about Mummies. They feature different shows depending on what time you get there. The shows that are available currently are: Mummies, Dolphins, My Planets, Sun Moon and Stars, A Trip to Saturn and Pink Floyd Laser. The show that I went to was very informative and interesting. The kids and I enjoyed it a lot. The planetarium is a place to go when you want to learn about something new while having fun at the same time. They also have simulated rides, and telescope viewing.

Everything inside was an adventure at a low price. I had to pay $9 because I am a student and my niece and nephews had to pay $7 dollars. It is located on 657 East Avenue. I would definitely recommend the Strasenburgh Planetarium to anyone that love to learn about new things. I had a wonderful time with the kids and they have been begging me to take them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment