Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Strong National Museum of Play

I wanted to write a blog about different things to see and do while in Rochester. Many people don't know, but Rochester is actually filled with really cool and adventurous things for the old and young at heart. I really love to explore and I have always been interested in taking advantage of the many events in Rochester. It started off about 3 weeks ago when I went to Strong National Museum of play.

In the Strong Museum, I experienced a new side of me. I had the full opportunity to be a kid again. I did get funny looks when my friend and I walked into the doors, but who cares! We were really bored on a Saturday and we wanted to get out and play. We started off by going to the well known Wegmans. Every since I was young I had a dream of being a cashier. I don't really know why but it looked really appealing to me: swiping food across a scanner, interacting with customers and handling cash. However, my parents wouldn't allow me (and I couldn't allow my self) to be a cashier. It's perfectly fine because that day I had the ultimate experience of what that lifestyle would be like.

Next, we went to the toy/ doll collection. In there, we had the experience to look at the different toys and dolls around the world and what made the National Toy Hall of Fame. It was really interesting because we both reminisced on our childhood, telling stories about what our experiences were with each toy. We say the Raggedy Ann doll, the stick, crayons, Mr. Potato Head, etc.

Another thing that was fun in the Strong Museum was interacting with the butterflies in the garden. That was truly a fun experience. Interacting with nature and seeing its' wonders is amazing. Overall, Strong Museum wasn't expensive, it costs $12 to enter and I would definitely recommend anyone in going.

What I learned about this experience in the Strong Museum was that you are never too old to experience fun and play.

Strong Museum is located on One Manhattan Square in Rochester, NY 14607. Open  Mon- Thurs (10am-5pm), Fri & Sat (10am-8pm), and Sun (noon-5pm). For more information, visit www.museumofplay.org

 Above is the butterfly garden at Strong Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment